Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Your colleague found another job and invited you to his/her farewell party. Unfortunately you are unable to attend it.

Your colleague found another job and invited you to his/her farewell party. Unfortunately you are unable to attend it. Write a letter to him/her and say

– Why can’t you attend the party?

– Why did you enjoy working with him/her?

– Offer him/her to meet some other time.

 

Dear Karen,

I hope this letter finds you in radiant health and the best of spirits. Thank you so much for inviting me to your farewell party. It’s really a generous offer to put me up at your place. I would really like to come but unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it due to some urgent family commitments.

By being your colleague, I got a chance to learn several things from you. Your dedication and passion towards work used to boost our spirits and keep us motivated to perform likewise. I really appreciate your quality of helping others whenever they are in need no matter whether it is personal or professional. You used to lighten up every conversation because of your good sense of humour. We are going to miss you a lot.

I was wondering if you could make it after a week, I would like to invite you for lunch at my home. It would be delightful to have you here. Please do let me know I will plan it accordingly.

All the best for your future endeavours. Hope to see you soon.

Your friend,

Edward

No comments:

Post a Comment