Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2021

You are due to start a new job next week but you will not be able to because you have some problems.

You are due to start a new job next week but you will not be able to because you have some problems.

Write a letter to your new employer. In your letter

  • explain your situation

  • describe your problems

  • tell him/her when you think you can start.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for believing in me and rendering me a great opportunity to serve as a Manager in the head office of your esteemed company. I had prepared to embark on this journey from the next week until the mishap happened at my home last night.

My uncle suffered a severe chest pain yesterday at midnight; and unfortunately, he has been diagnosed with cancer owing to which he has to undergo an operation within this week. I have to stay with him during his entire convalescing period since he has nobody by his side to look after him. Moreover, I have been struggling to get accommodation in the proximity of the office, which I would manage to find during this time.

I think I would be able to commence the job after 15 days; however, I can start my work after a week through telecommuting, and I assure you that my performance will not disappoint your expectations.

Hoping for kind consideration. I look forward to receiving your response.

Thank you

Yours Sincerely,

Adrian Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment