Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Sample IELTS GT Writing task 1 Letter Informal - A while ago you have lent a friend a suitcase


A while ago you have lent a friend a suitcase, which he/she has not returned yet.
Write a letter to him/her reminding to bring it back and say
– What suitcase and when did he/she borrow it?
– Why do you need it back?
– What should he/she do about it?
 
Ielts Essay - A while ago you have lent a friend a suitcase
Dear Mark,

I hope this letter of mine finds you in pink of health. I know you have been very busy after returning home, and perhaps that's why you have forgotten to return my travel suitcase that you borrowed from me last month while travelling to Uganda.

As I am now travelling to Canada on 10th December, I need to take that bag along since that bag has a hard shell, and has a great capacity. My visit to Canada is  going to be in a season when winters and snow season are at a peak.  To cope up with such severe weather, I will have to carry appropriate clothing.

As other bags are quite small and won’t suffice, I will take that case. I feel that your purpose of borrowing that bag has been fulfilled, and I could use it now. It will  good if you came down this Sunday and had a lunch with us; and yes do bring along the suitcase.

Hoping to see you on Sunday.

Yours truly

Gene Hackman

No comments:

Post a Comment