Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2021

Last month you had a holiday overseas where you stayed with some friends. They have just sent you some photos of your holiday.

Last month you had a holiday overseas where you stayed with some friends. They have just sent you some photos of your holiday.

Write a letter to your friends. In your letter:

  •  thank them for the photos and for the holiday

  • explain why you didn’t write earlier

  •  invite them to come and stay with you

 

Dear friends,

I can’t thank you enough for persuading me to come along with you on a trip to Greece last month. As I was reluctant to go on this vacation in the beginning, I would have repented over my decision. Also, thank you for the exquisite pictures through which I can reminisce/revive all the beautiful moments anytime.

It’s been so long since we last were in touch as my grandfather was diagnosed with a cancer owing to which he had to undergo an operation, and he had nobody to look after him, so I had to stay with him during the entire convalescing period.

Since Christmas is approaching this would be the best time to visit my homeland, as France is notable for its celebrations during Christmas. Also, Paris is the fashion capital, and since you are shopaholic, you’ll find great offers on luxury brands. It would be delightful to have you here. Please do let me know if you can make it.

I can’t wait to hear from you.

Yours truly,

Joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment