Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

A foreign friend of yours plans to visit your place and stay with you, but you do not have time on that date. Give your friend another alternate date to come.

A foreign friend of yours plans to visit your place and stay with you, but you do not have time on that date. Give your friend another alternate date to come.

In your letter, you should:

  •  apologise for it

  • explain how you will be busy on that date

  • suggest to him/her an alternate time to come.

 

Dear Antoine,

I hope this letter finds you in radiant health. I was over the moon when I received your letter mentioning that you are planning to visit Paris next month. I started brewing up plans for us at that only moment, but suddenly I realised I won’t be able to attend/entertain you during that time/period.

I am extremely sorry for ruining your plans. Your arrival date is clashing with that of my seminar which is going to take place in Belgium, and I can’t skip this event since it is indispensable for my career growth.

To make it up with you, I’d like to invite you here during our winter break, in the Christmas season. If you could make it, trust me; this’ll be your best vacation. As you know, France is well known for its celebrations during Christmas and New year. This vacation would help us to escape mundane and to make more memories to cherish for our lifetime.

I can’t wait to see you.

Yours truly,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment