Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

An English-speaking friend wants to spend a two-week holiday in your region and has written asking for information and advice.

An English-speaking friend wants to spend a two-week holiday in your region and has written asking for information and advice.

Write a letter to your friend. In your letter,

  • offer to find somewhere to stay

  •   give advice about what to do

  • give information about what clothes to bring

Dear Charlene,

I was over the moon to hear about your arrival in my city, Paris, next month, but unfortunately, I won’t be available to receive/entertain you since I have a seminar in Brussels. Don’t worry, I will be back in 2 days till then you can stay with my cousin, and her apartment is approachable as it is near the Eiffel tower; trust me, you will enjoy her company.

Since it will be the month of Christmas, you can grab tickets for a plethora of cruise parties, and if you want to explore the history, Louvre Museum cannot be missed; it looks exquisite. Also, you must try a rich profusion of delicacies at a renowned restaurant at Eiffel.

You are coming when winter and snow will be at peak so I recommend you to fetch a fleece jacket as well as Chelsea boots to cope with the weather since they are very expensive here. Moreover, don’t forget to bring your red gown for Christmas eve.

Eagerly waiting for you.

Yours truly,

Milia


No comments:

Post a Comment